About the Recipe
If you're looking for a tasty and easy-to-make snack that's perfect for any occasion, look no further than my vegetable tarts! These delicious tarts are made with crispy puff pastry, fresh vegetables, and a variety of flavourful toppings. Plus, they're a great way to get some extra veggies into your diet!
To make my vegetable tarts, all you need is some frozen puff pastry sheets, your favourite pesto, a few vegetables (such as cherry tomatoes, zucchinis, and capsicums), and some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Simply cut the pastry into squares and top with pesto and your veggie mixture. Add some cheese on top and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy!
2x frozen puff pastry sheets
4 tbsp pesto
1/2 a red onion, finely diced
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
3 zucchini’s, shredded into ribbons
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
Drizzle of olive oil
1x 100g ball mozzarella
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
10 olives to top (optional)
Salt & pepper
1. Carefully cut your two puff pastry sheets into 4 squares (per sheet - so you have 8 in total) on a lined baking tray.
2. Spread a spoonful of pesto onto each square pastry (not on the edges).
3. In a bowl, squash your cherry tomatoes.
4. Add your red onion, zucchini’s & capsicum with a drizzle of olive oil & salt and pepper and mix all together.
5. Pile a little mixture on each pesto smeared tart.
6. Break up the mozzarella and place little bits on top of each tart.
7. Grate over some Parmesan, and add 1-2 olives on top.
8. Slightly roll the ends of your dough up to create the puffy outer texture.
9. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 180°C or until the pastry is super golden.