About the Recipe
If you're looking for an easy, Italian dinner without having to make the meatballs yourself, then this recipe is for you! Using store bought meatballs takes the hassle out of cooking, saving you time and stress! However, it is super important that if you're going to eat red meat, make sure it is organic. My favourite brand which you can buy in Coles and Woolworths is Cleavers Organic Meat range, which uses grass fed meat with no GMOs, added hormones or preservatives. With this classic comforting dish, you don’t need to feel guilty about indulging—you can feast on hearty marinara sauce laden-spaghetti, tender juices meatballs all while feeling great knowing they are nutrient-packed powerhouse foods! Ready to get cooking? Read on for instructions and tips so preparing this super satisfying meal will be hassle free.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 jar of passata
1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
1/2 tin tinned tomatoes
1/4 cup beef or vegetable stock
1 400g pack Organic Beef Meatballs
Basil, to serve
Parmesan cheese, to serve
Salt & pepper
1 packet of spaghetti (I used brown rice & quinoa)
1. Add the olive oil to a hot fry pan & add the onion & garlic. Cook until golden.
2. Add your passata, italian herbs & tinned tomatoes to the pan and stir well.
3. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat for 20 mins.
4. Add your meatballs & stock to the pan. Pop your lid on the fry pan & allow the meatballs to cook for 2-3 hours on low heat, mixing the sauce every 30 minutes.
5. Once the meatballs are cooked through, cook your pasta.
6. Top with basil, parmesan & salt and pepper and dig in!