About the Recipe
My go-to Raspberry Crumble Bars are a delicious and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. To make the bars, you just need to mix the eggs and coconut sugar together. Then stir in the almond flour, oats, coconut flour, cinnamon & salt until well combined. Next, you'll spread a layer of raspberry jam over a shortbread crust. Finally, you'll sprinkle the crumbly topping over the raspberry jam and bake the bars until they are golden brown and bubbly. These Raspberry Crumble Bars have a crunchy oat topping and a gooey raspberry center that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are the perfect balance of sweet and tart, and they are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. Store in fridge & make sure you eat within 2-3 days.
For the base + topping:
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 cups almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
For the raspberry filling:
2 heaping cups frozen raspberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsps honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Make the base + topping. In a large bowl mix together egg & coconut sugar until combined.
2. Stir in almond flour, oats, coconut flour, cinnamon & salt until well combined. Pour coconut oil over and use a fork to stir together until clumps begin to form.
3. Place 1+1/3 cup of the mixture into a lined loaf tin and press down evenly (the remaining mixture will be used for the topping). Place the remaining dough for the topping in the fridge.
4. Add your raspberry filling ingredients into a small saucepan and allow to simmer over medium heat until the raspberries have melted and the mixture has thickened to a jam like consistency (this may take up to 10-15 mins).
5. Pour over the crust and spread out evenly.
6. Sprinkle the remaining topping over the raspberry filling.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins on 180°C or until the filling is bubbly and topping is golden.
8. Allow bars to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to fridge to chill.
9. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Store in fridge.