About the Recipe
If you're looking for a healthy snack that is both delicious and nutritious, look no further than my protein crunch bars. Made with wholesome ingredients like almond butter, oat flour, and vanilla protein powder, these bars are a great way to fuel up before or after a workout, or as a mid-day pick-me-up.
What's in my Protein Crunch Bars?
My protein crunch bars are made with almond butter as the base, which is a great source of healthy fats and protein. I also use oat flour and almond flour to give the bars a hearty texture and boost their nutritional value. To sweeten the bars, I've used a combination of honey and vanilla, which also adds a delicious flavour. And to give the bars a satisfying crunch, I've add quinoa puffs to the chocolate coating, however you can also use brown rice puffs.
They are the perfect snack to enjoy anytime, anywhere. They're great as a pre-workout snack to give you the energy you need to power through your workout. They're also a great post-workout snack to help your body recover and rebuild. Or, they're a great mid-day snack to help you power through the afternoon slump, or after dinner when you're craving something sweet.
The best part about homemade protein bars is that they're protein crunch bars it that they don't use any artificial flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, so you can feel good about what you're putting into your body. They're also gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, making them a great option for people with specific dietary needs or restrictions. And because they're so nutritious, they're a great way to fuel up when you're on the go!
1/4 heaped cup almond butter
1/3 cup vanilla protein powder @trueprotein
1/3 cup oat flour (blended oats)
3 tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
4 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 block dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup quinoa/brown rice puffs
1. Add ‘base’ ingredients together until a sticky dough forms.
2. Pour into a small lined loaf tin and flatten out evenly. Pop into freezer for 1 hour. Cut up your bars lengthways.
3. Make your chocolate layer. Melt chocolate & coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl until melted.
4. Pour in your quinoa/brown rice puffs to the melted chocolate and stir until complete covered.
5. Dip each bar into the crunchy chocolate bowl until all are covered.
6. Pop back into the freezer for 1 hour.