About the Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dessert option? Look no further than my Healthy Lemon Cake recipe!
This cake is made with wholesome ingredients like oat flour, wholemeal spelt flour, and desiccated coconut. It's sweetened with natural maple syrup and flavoured with the refreshing zest of a lemon. Not only is it delicious, but it's also a healthier alternative to traditional cake options.
This lemon cake is easy to make and comes together in just 20 minutes of prep time and 35 minutes of cook time. Simply mix the dry ingredients, whisk the wet ingredients separately, and then combine the two until just combined. Bake until golden and let cool before adding the topping.
For the icing, I suggest a delicious and creamy coconut yoghurt mixed with maple syrup and vanilla extract. You can also top the cake with pumpkin seeds, a sliced fig, and a drizzle of honey for added texture and flavour.
This Healthy Lemon Cake is perfect for a guilt-free dessert, afternoon snack, or even as a breakfast treat. It's a versatile recipe that can be enjoyed by anyone looking to satisfy their sweet cravings while also keeping their health goals in check.
So what are you waiting for? Try my Healthy Lemon Cake recipe today and indulge in a guilt-free treat!
Don't forget to share your creations with me on Instagram and tag @thefitfeast. I can't wait to see how you make this recipe your own!
1 cup oat flour
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour (can sub almond meal for gluten free)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp baking soda
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
1/3 cup coconut yoghurt (can also use ricotta)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
To top (optional):
1 fig, finely sliced
Drizzle of honey
1. Add dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk well.
2. Add wet ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Mix wet to dry and stir gently until just combined.
4. Pour into lined cake tin and bake for 25 mins on 180°C or until golden.
5. Allow your cake to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
6. Once completely cooled, make your coconut yoghurt icing by mixing all ‘icing’ ingredients together in a bowl.
7. Spread over the cake and top with toppings of your choice!