About the Recipe
Shakshuka is an easy breakfast idea that originates from Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa. You can experiment with this recipe & add your own flavours, however my favourite is the simple combination of eggs, tomatoes, paprika & herbs. It's a filling breakfast that uses nourishing ingredients leaving you feeling satisfied!
1/2 onion, diced
1-2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp paprika
1 tomato, diced
1/2 tin tinned tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
Feta, to top
1. Add the onion & garlic to a small fry pan in olive oil and cook until slightly golden. Add in your paprika and stir.
2. Add the tomato and continue cooking until soft. I like to squish it down with a fork to bring out the juices.
3. After a few mins, add in your tinned tomato, oregano & tomato paste. Continue cooking for 5 mins until soft & bubbly.
4. Make two small circles in the sauce and crack in your eggs. Pop a lid on and cook for 5-8 mins or until eggs are cooked.
5. Top with feta & extra oregano and enjoy with a piece of sourdough!