About the Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack option? Look no further than my banana, apple, and spelt muffins! Made with wholemeal spelt flour and sweetened naturally with coconut sugar, these muffins are a tasty treat that you can feel good about eating.
- Healthier option: These muffins are made with wholemeal spelt flour, which is a great alternative to wheat flour for those with gluten intolerance. Spelt flour is also higher in protein and fibre than wheat flour, making it a healthier choice.
- Natural sweetener: I use coconut sugar to sweeten the muffins instead of refined sugar. Coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar, which means it won't spike your blood sugar levels as quickly.
- Versatile: These muffins are perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. You can enjoy them warm or at room temperature.
- Delicious: The combination of bananas, apples, and cinnamon creates a sweet and aromatic muffin that is sure to be a hit with your taste buds.
1 + 1/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 apple, diced into small cubes
2 overripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (except apple).
2. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Mix wet to dry and stir well.
4. Add in apple and stir again.
5. Pour into lined muffin tray and top with thinly sliced apple (optional).
6. Bake in the oven for 20 mins on 180°C.